The three building site still stands at the corner of Adelaide and George Streets as 252–264 Adelaide Street East.The next major step occurred in 1913 when De La Salle College took over part of the 67 Bond Street building adjacent to St. In 1916, the College vacated the buildings on Adelaide Street.The central administration of the Brothers operates out of the Generalate in Rome and is made up of the Superior General and his councillors.
De La Salle College "Oaklands" was founded by, and continues to be administered by the Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools.It is part of a global community of Lasallian educational institutions who are assisted by more than 73,000 lay colleagues and teach over 900,000 students in over 80 countries and vary from teaching in impoverished nations like Nigeria to post-secondary institutions like La Salle University in Philadelphia, Bethlehem University and De La Salle University-Manila.In its first year, the school was home to 270 students and had matriculation classes ranging from Grade 5 through to Grade 10. In 1970, the 1st 5 grades were phased out, leaving only Grades 6, 7 and 8 in addition to the full high school curriculum.The school's primary focus is its emphasis on academia above all other matters.De La Salle "Oaklands"had always been a completely private school, but in 1967, a very significant change took place when grades nine and ten were placed under the auspices of the Metropolitan Separate School Board (now known as the Toronto Catholic District School Board) while grades 6, 7, 8, 11, 12 & 13 remained under the Brothers' jurisdiction as an independent private school.
Prior to the 1970s, De La Salle "Oaklands" demonstrated an order and disciplined environment where direction and goals were clear and commitment by students, teachers and parents to that culture was strong.The traditional students' blazer was abandoned, returning in 1974.By 1987, the maintenance, curriculum, funding and control of the entire high school was under the MSSB.The property was purchased in 1905 by the family of Cyrus Mc Cormick (whose farm implement business evolved to become International Harvester).) of the property in 1931 and turned it into a boys' school.Brother Alfred was the guiding genius in acquiring the property and became the school's first Director/Principal.Individual religious communities have put their stamp on the schools that they have run.